Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Pure Wine and Food...a wonderful experience

This was my first experience at Pure Wine and Food on Irving Place in NYC and I am so glad I ventured over.  They pride themselves on being the most innovative raw food restaurant in the city.  The menu is fresh and creative and it was hard for me to choose.  Their beverage specialties are original organic sake cocktails, sangria made with fresh fruit and organic and Biodynamic wines.  The sake mojito was delicious and refreshing.  The food is love on a plate - at least for me, as every ingredient in my squash blossom dish I LOVE!  Squash blossoms stuffed with truffled nut cheese, served with olive tampanade, fennel with capers, avocado...so many flavors and yet so delicious together!  I learned that nut cheese is made from nuts as opposed to cow, goat, etc...and was surprisingly delicious.  I also tried unfiltered organic sake - a cloudy (from the rice) but sweet sake and I will definitely be experimenting with some new organic cocktail recipes.  Stay tuned!

Pure Food and Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment